Is this a bug?

Steve Snyder ssnyder at indy.net
Fri May 21 14:04:37 GMT 1999

In the course of tracking down a problem in Samba v2.0.4a, I set
"debuglevel=3" and noticed something strange in the log file.

While attempting to find the netlogon script, a number of variations on the
name are tried (e.g. for Windows, it's *.COM, *.EXE, *.BAT).  Here's
the strangeness: the file NETLOGON"BAT is also looked for.  Yes, that's a
quotation mark in place of a dot in the filename.

Is this a bug or some aspect of logon script processing that I'm ignorant
of?

*** Steve Snyder ***