samba help needed

Michal Jezierski heja at xox.pl
Fri May 21 14:37:59 GMT 1999

Rodney Dorbolo wrote:

> Dear Samba Gurus,
>                         I was hoping someone could help me out with a
> problem I have with multiple samba servers authenticating back to one
> master unix server ( running Samba version 1.9.18p10).

[snip]

> gis1#> more /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf

>         os level = 33
>         security = server
>         password server = intra

[snip]

> intra#> more /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf

>         os level = 33
>         security = user

1. How the ... intra can be the password server without domain stuff
enabled?

2. Perhaps you should run smbpasswd and set unix passwd sync to true, as
well as set up passwd chat (see the docs, it's too long to explain
here).

3. A quiz for all readers: which machine will win elections?

Regards,

Michal