Cntrl-M characters ...

M.Sapsed m.sapsed at bangor.ac.uk
Fri May 21 09:49:25 GMT 1999

Krishna Kurpati wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I am using Samba 1.9.18. The server is running on Solaris 2.5.1 and the client is on Win NT 4.0
>
>     I am annoyed by the Control-M characters appearing in text files when the files are edited on Windows editors and viewed in vi on Sun machine. I had to manually remove the Control-M characters.
>
>      Is there a way to eliminate the Control M characters ?

Another work around for this if you want to preserve the DOS Ctrl-M's but
edit the file with vi on a unix box is to use Vim which has a "dos"
filemode.

Cheers

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed                                Tel: +44 (0)1248 382409
Computing Lab                                Fax: +44 (0)1248 383826
University of Wales, Bangor             m.sapsed at bangor.ac.uk
North Wales, LL57 2DG
           Press any key to continue or any other key to quit...