NT network can't browse Samba

Jean-Serge Gagnon jsg at newlix.com
Thu May 20 23:35:32 GMT 1999

Thanks, yes I can ping, telnet everything! It was the 'Scope ID' in the
Windows machines. If I use the '-i scopeID' with nmbd, smbd, nmblookup
and smbclient everything works... what a pain!!!

So does anybody know why the Windows machines receive their scope ID
from the WINS server, but the Linux box didn't? I mean if I look at all
the environment variables when the dhclient-script (ISC DHCP) gets the
bind request for an IP, there are no 'new-netbios-scope'... There are
'new_ip_address', 'new_netbios_name_server', etc...

I will also ask in the dhclient list, but I was wondering if anyone else
had this problem...

(P.S. I am not the one that decided to use a ScopeID, that is my
customer's decision)

Thanks again.

// Jean-Serge Gagnon         jsg at newlix.com
// Newlix Corporation        http://www.newlix.com