Samba 2.0.4 with NT ACLs under 95?

Robert Franklin r.c.franklin at reading.ac.uk
Thu May 20 13:13:54 GMT 1999

Hi,

I read that Samba 2.0.4 can support NT ACLs mapping to UNIX permissions
when using an NT client.

Can (or should?) this work under 95 with the ACL Explorer extension
supplied on the NT4 Server CD?  When I installed it on my 95 box running
W95OSR2 (doing a domain logon), the 'Permissions' button did nothing.  Is
that right?

If it shouldn't work, I'll go and shut up in the corner... ;)  (It would
be great if it did!)

  - Bob

P.S.  I haven't tried the 'b' version yet...

  The Day Today             ... because FACT times IMPORTANCE equals NEWS!
  Bob "Mince" Franklin ~{], CNE ;), MCSE ;)           Tel. (0118) 931 8432
  Systems and Communications                          Fax. (0118) 975 3094
  IT Services                                   r.c.franklin at reading.ac.uk
  University of Reading, U.K.          http://www.reading.ac.uk/~suq96rcf/