NT network can't browse Samba

Jean-Serge Gagnon jsg at newlix.com
Thu May 20 10:58:07 GMT 1999

Nothinman wrote:

> One of your problems I believe is that if you have "bind interfaces only =
> true" you must list lo(127.0.0.1) in the list so that smbd can connect to
> it's self.
>
> Also you might want to upgrade to the 2.0.x series, it is much improved and
> the swat configuration util that comes with it is great to start a smb.conf
> with.

I would like to go to 2.x, but there are reasons why I can't at this
time.

Are you sure about the 127.0.0.1 interface? Broadcast for browse list
will
not come from there as is with requests for connections from Windows
clients.

Has ANYBODY seen this problem before? Windows clients on the NetHood can
NOT
see the Linux box or connect to it (by using something like
\\OMEGA9\CDROM).
AND the Linux box can not connect to other machines (with smbclient -L
WINNAME)
or ever get a list of machines on the net even though they are ALL on
the same
subnet and are all configured to use the same WINS server!

Thanks again.

My original post was:

// Jean-Serge Gagnon         jsg at newlix.com
// Newlix Corporation        http://www.newlix.com