Samba stopped working

acyc at acyc.com acyc at acyc.com
Tue May 18 13:41:41 GMT 1999

Hello, all:

I have a server running Red Hat 5.2 and Samba 1.9.18p10, with two
Win95 clients connected to it. This setup had been working for over
three months without any problems, serving files for our accounting
system and allowing the use of a common printer. Three days ago,
without any explanation whatsoever, the network stopped working.
Since the server is configured for dual boot to Win98, I booted Win98
and I again was able to share files and printers, so I assume that
the NIC's and wiring are Ok. I set up Samba using Paul G. Sery's book
"Linux Networking Toolkit", and I have tried to set everything again
from scratch, including the Win95 clients. No luck.

Anybody have any ideas? I would appreciate any assistance.

Alfredo J. Cole
ACyC
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
acyc at acyc.com