Drive namings...

Hall, Ken (ECCS) KeHall at exchange.ml.com
Tue May 18 13:11:00 GMT 1999

On this topic, maybe someone can explain a behavior to me.  I've read the
docs and I can't find a sensible explanation for it.

I set up a [HOMES] section, each user has a home directory, and in the logon
script I have:

NET USE U: /HOME

I'm almost sure this worked during testing so that my home directory
(/home/ken) got mapped to U:

What's happening, however, is that the [PROFILES] share is being mapped to
U:.  I've had to add specific commands to make sure the home directory is
mapped to U, and now the command "NET USE P: /HOME" maps to [PROFILES].

Is this the way it's supposed to behave?

It's Samba 2.0.3 on Redhat 5.2.