Problems Joining NT Domain

Michal Jezierski heja at xox.pl
Tue May 18 12:01:34 GMT 1999

Rod Sanborn wrote:

> I got the following error:
>
>             smb password encryption not selected in Makefile
>
>     Any ideas what is going wrong and what I should do to correct it?

Easy. Recompile Samba with password encryption :-) I guess you used some
obscure precompiled binaries (the ones in samba.org are compiled with
encryption). Depending on what your UN*X box is, you can do the
following:

- download binaries for your system from ftp.samba.org
- download sources from ftp.samba.org and compile the stuff, checking in
source/Makefile that there is encryption enabled (you may need
-DREPLACE_GETPASS for HP-UX systems).

Cheers

Michal