Password checking criteria?

Gavrie Philipson gavrie at netmor.com
Sun May 16 07:06:08 GMT 1999

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to set up Samba so that when a user changes his
password, it will be validated against a set of rules. For example, it
should have a minimum length, uppercase/lowercase letters, etc. The system
should refuse invalid passwords.
This seems simple to do by wrapping smbpassword in a script.
However, I want this to work also with Win95 clients changing their
passwords.
My samba server is set up as an NT domain controller (users log on to a
domain). Password changing from Win95 works fine this way.
Is there a standard way with samba to validate changed passwords in this
setup?

Thanks,

Gavrie.

--