Password encryption

Stephen L Arnold arnold.steve at ensco.com
Wed May 12 16:33:40 GMT 1999

When the world was young,  Hans-Joachim Muenzer  carved some runes like this:

> is it possible to get samba working with encrypted and not encrypted
> passwords at the same time? If not, where is the problem, I think on a NT
> server it is no problem?

I believe (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that if you run
with encrypted passwords enabled (all win98, updated win95b, and
NT4SP3 and above clients default to this without the plain password
reg hack) it will still work with older clients who send plaintext
passwords.  Yes?

Steve