samba Printer service

splaw at hpsgsr11.sgp.hp.com splaw at hpsgsr11.sgp.hp.com
Mon May 10 03:47:23 GMT 1999

Hi All,

I am trying to print from a Win95 PC to a unix printer queue.
I have installed samba 2.0.3 on SUN ultra 60 - Solaris 2.5.1 and created
a samba printer queue based on a unix queue.

I then setup a printer queue to print to the samba queue. The test
print from WIN 95 is  OK. However when I print a graphics from
acroread or netscape the image comes out black and the page is screwed-up.

The unix printer is setup up as a parallel port to print all types
of data.

The ouput from the WIN 95 gives a PCL output.  However
this file is modified . Can anybody share your experience
on setting up such a printer. The printer is a HP desk jet 1600 CM.

Thanks for your help

Regards
SP LAW