Help with smbmount Please

Travis Morrow tmorrow at clevelandschools.org
Sun May 9 10:12:18 GMT 1999

Hey I am attempting to use linux to connect to my win98 computer that is sharing 2 drives. I have tried to use smbmount to mount either drive, but to no avail. The syntax I used was  (smbmount file://WIRED/DESKSTAR /mnt/server -I 100.100.100.1).  It will get to the prompt that asks for your password, but after that it comes up with an error. The error says ( mount error:  Invalid argument).  The syntax looks correct to me! I'm running RedHat 5.2 kernel 2.2.5 and Samba 2.0.3.  Any help would be much appreciated.