nmblookup weirdness

Kirk Patton kirk.patton at amd.com
Fri May 7 20:59:06 GMT 1999

Hello,

I was messing around with nmblookup and discovered something strange and wanted to know
if it was misbehaving or not.

nmblookup -R -U wins_server -S host
will do a host status on the netbeui host that looks like this;
Sending queries to 139.95.53.225
172.28.15.55 ppdpc005<00>
Looking up status of 172.28.15.55
received 6 names
        PPDPC005        <00> -         M <ACTIVE>
        AMDRDSVL        <00> - <GROUP> M <ACTIVE>
        PPDPC005        <20> -         M <ACTIVE>
        PPDPC005        <03> -         M <ACTIVE>
        AMDRDSVL        <1e> - <GROUP> M <ACTIVE>
        SPALINGA        <03> -         M <ACTIVE>

If the debug level in the smb.conf is set to 0, it does not report the same way.
nmblookup -s /tmp/smb.conf -R -U ssvlamd10 -S ppdpc005
172.28.15.55 ppdpc005<00>
Looking up status of 172.28.15.55

That is all I get.  Is it supposed to behave this way?

Thanks,
Kirk

--
Kirk Patton