mountd hanging

Cindy Hodgins chodgins at predict.com
Fri May 7 20:16:36 GMT 1999

We are running Samba 1.9.18p10 on a machine that was recently upgraded
from Solaris 5.5.1 to Solaris 5.6.  We were having tremendous problems
with the automounter/mountd hanging so hard on this machine that we
were having to reboot to get it going again.  After we upgraded the
operating system, the problem disappeared until today.  We're trying
to investigate any possible culprits, and we were wondering if Samba
could possibly be causing a problem.  I found a bug report talking
about problems with Solaris and NT, and Samba is our connection here.
Has anyone ever run into this, or possibly have any ideas?  Thanks.

--
Cindy Hodgins
chodgins at predict.com
Prediction Company