Refresh or Cache Problem with Samba 2.0.2

jonc at irss.unc.edu jonc at irss.unc.edu
Fri May 7 15:20:46 GMT 1999

Everyone,

I have an odd problem. I have Shares that are accessed by both PC and Solaris
clients. When a file is read by a PC and then Modified by a UNIX session
the changes to that file only show up on the UNIX sessions. Samba seems to
Cache the file and use the old incorrect data. If you modify the file with
a PC application then everything is fine and the "Cache" is updated.
I was unaware that Samba was caching these files if indeed that is what is
going on.  I have not got the getwd cache set at all or the read prediciton
set either. Since they are not set in the smb.conf file I assume that
they are set to no.  Even if you reboot the PC the file is not refreshed
and you get the old file back even though it has been modified by another
UNIX client. How should I have my locking options set I tend to think that
my problem may be with op locks or things of that nature.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jon Crabtree