Linux seen as Win NT 4.2 Backup ( SAMBA digest 2080 )

Admin-Eng langzhi at sak.upm.edu.my
Fri May 7 02:34:07 GMT 1999

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Per Kofod wrote:

> OK, that is a different problem:
>
> You should set the following in the global section of your smb.conf:
>
>    preferred master = no
>    domain master = no
>
> For an in detail description of theese see the man page of smb.conf

Well, i added the line and restart samba (smbd ,nmbd). But My NT PDC still
show it as "Win95 Server" ...

Here is my smb.conf look like :
;*******************section global*****************
[global]
workgroup = DOMAIN
server string = Samba Server - Linux
printcap name = /etc/printcap
load printers = yes
guest account = guest
share modes = yes
status = no
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 50
security = user
socket options = TCP_NODELAY
interfaces = 121.0.0.135
domain logons = no
local master = no
dns proxy = no
domain master = no
preferred master = no
logon home = /home/guest
announce as = Win95

So, Any idea ?

 F  /-/           LangZhi UPM <langzhi at sak.upm.edu.my>                 /-/F
 R /-/     whois ? Chan Kien Eng <b41548 at kosass.upm.edu.my>           /-/ R
 E/-/ " We grow strong by pains,grow great by dreams - Dave Wang "   /-/  E
 E - - -         ^  When do you wanna cra$h today ??   ^         - - -    E