Linux seen as Win NT 4.2 Backup ( SAMBA digest 2080 )

Admin-Eng langzhi at sak.upm.edu.my
Thu May 6 10:52:28 GMT 1999

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Per Kofod wrote:

> Take a look at the smb.conf manpage ( announce as and announce version
> ):

Added the entry announce as = Win95
But in my WinNT Server (PDC) still show as Win95 server (This is dangerous
coz when my WinNT Server is shutdown or restart, Samba will make itself
become backup PDC , then everthing is screw up, win95 users can't login
and can't print )

So, how to solve this ?

 F  /-/           LangZhi UPM <langzhi at sak.upm.edu.my>                 /-/F
 R /-/     whois ? Chan Kien Eng <b41548 at kosass.upm.edu.my>           /-/ R
 E/-/ " We grow strong by pains,grow great by dreams - Dave Wang "   /-/  E
 E - - -         ^  When do you wanna cra$h today ??   ^         - - -    E