? lmhosts ?

Charles E Gelm gelmce at erinet.com
Wed May 5 22:43:44 GMT 1999

STEP 6. Try listing the shares available on your server

k6:/usr/sbin# smbclient -L k6
Added interface ip=192.168.1.1 bcast=192.168.1.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
startlmhosts: Can't open lmhosts file /etc/lmhosts. Error was No such
file or di
rectory
Server time is Wed May  5 18:35:46 1999
Timezone is UTC-4.0
Session setup failed for username= myname=K6 destname=K6   ERRSRV -
ERRbadpw (Ba
d password - name/password pair in a Tree Connect or Session Setup are
invalid.)
You might find the -U, -W or -n options useful
Sometimes you have to use `-n USERNAME' (particularly with OS/2)
Some servers also insist on uppercase-only passwords

What is 'lmhosts' ?  Where can I read about it?

Chuck