printing through a workstation

Brian Servis servis at purdue.edu
Wed May 5 20:26:50 GMT 1999

*- On  6 May, robert wrote about "printing through a workstation"
> hello, Is there a way to get samba to allow you to print from the unix
> side of the fence to a shared printer on a win95 workstation?
> This would be very useful for faxing etc...
> any suggestions??
> thanks Robert

Look for the smbprint script that is part of the examples section in
the source, In the Debian GNU/Linux distro it is contained in the
samba-doc package.  It has info on setting up a unix print filter to
send to a windows shared printer.  I have never used it, but the info is
there.

--
Brian
Mechanical Engineering                              servis at purdue.edu