dos and win 3.1 clients

JUERGEN ANZER RICK_ at t-online.de
Wed May 5 16:34:18 GMT 1999

Steve Grose wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> My question is what clients are available for older DOS and Win 3.1 boxes to
> connect to Samba servers? Shareware, Freeware, Retail?

Be aware, that you have to use TCP/IP protocol!
For MSDOS and WIN3.1 you should download the TCP/IP package for MSDOS
from Microsoft.com, for WFW3.11 there exist another TCP/IP package.

Worked fine for me, although the TCP/IP stack uses part of the RAM
installed on our older msdos machines leaving less memory to your
application.

best regards
rick

--
snail: 	ANZER GmbH - Pieperstr. 14 - 32791 Lage - Germany
email: 	rick_ at t-online.de
voice:	(0049) 5232 / 9777-21
fax:	(0049) 5232 / 78094