confusion!

Johan Roos roos at byggdok.se
Mon May 3 13:14:00 GMT 1999

I have a sambaserver running samba2.0.3 on a 2.2.7 linux-kernel.

this is the smb.conf

        workgroup = INFO
        netbios name = BERMUDA
        server string = Byggdoks sambaserver
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        password server = ARCH DOMINO
        username map = /etc/users.map
        log level = 4
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = arch
        hosts allow = 127. 193.10.7.

[src]
        path = /usr/local/src
        read only = No

[RPMS]
        path = /usr/local/install/RPMS
        read only = No

The server works very nicely. Both NT-clients and linux 2.2.7 machines can
mount the shares. But I have a few Linux 2.0.36 machines that cant.
They can perfectly mount WinNT shares in the same domain with the old smbmount
and can even connect to the sambaserver through the new smbmount, but ofcourse
not mount. All the machines have samba running with workgroup=INFO.

As I run the old smbmount nothing at all shows up in the log.name on the
sambaserver and i get a mount error.

/Roos