NeedPrintingHelp

Tom tommyr at agora.rdrop.com
Wed Mar 31 14:44:30 GMT 1999

New to list.

Linux RedHat kernel 2.2.5, samba binary samba-2.0.3-6.  Parallel port
connected printer on server.  Prints fine from server and from Macs via
netatalk.  NT machines are unable to print via samba.

Mounting shares works fine.

I've run samba for a few years never had any problems printing

I've turned every permission on that I could think of.

I've run all the tests with success in "Diagnosing Your Samba Server"

Nothing ever gets to que /var/spool/samba nor on to the que of the
/etc/printcap identified printers.

The only identification that NT has attempted to access the samba print
system is

ramachine (192.168.1.2) connect to service epson1440 as user papa
(uid=101, gid=100) (pid 7984)
[1999/03/30 21:28:22, 1] smbd/service.c:close_cnum(514)
  ramachine (192.168.1.2) closed connection to service epson1440

Can someone give me assistance/direction to find the source of this
misconfiguration?

thanks

--
tom				| "When we are born we cry that we have
tommyr at agora.rdrop.com		|  come to this great stage of fools!"