Printers on NT

Franca Vercellone franca at provincia.torino.it
Mon Mar 29 08:21:57 GMT 1999

Hello,
I have some problem with define a printer on a Samba version 1.9.17p5 .
The system where I configure Samba is a Sun Solaris 2.5.1 .
The smb.conf is :

workgroup = MYGROUP
smbrun = /opt/samba/bin/smbrun

[global]
        lock directory = /tmp
        security = user
        printing = bsd
        printcap name = /opt/samba/printcap
        load printers = yes
        print command = /usr/bin/lp -c -d %p %s ; rm %s
        guest account = pcguest
        log file = /opt/samba/log.%m
        mangled names = yes
        admin users = barbo

[homes]
      user = %S
      guest ok = no
      read only = no
      create mode = 0764

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/spoolsamba
   browseable = yes
   printable = yes                                    <-   why this options don't
resolve my problem
   public = yes
   writable = yes
   create mode = 0777

/opt/samba/printcap:

lp0|lparc1|lpcons1|lpecon1|lpfin1|lpfin2|lpfin3|lpfin4|

My problem is with a NT client.
I need that when I try to connect a printer with Samba, this one MUST  NOT call me
a password.
I couldn't canghe     security = user   in    security = share     because I have
the homes and other too....
If I put the password , all the things run goods , but I would'nt this. I'd like
that I could connect the printer directly without any password.

In a NT client I have modified the registry for the encription of the password,
infact any other resurce is connected well.
I hope that someone could help me soon , because is a big problem that stop me the
project that I have to finish quicly.
Thank's all

Franca