migration win95 -> win98

Andreas K. Huettel Andreas.Huettel at extern.lrz-muenchen.de
Sat Mar 27 13:29:07 GMT 1999

Hi everybody,

we are currently running a small network with a samba server and a few
Windows _95_ workstations. The server stores roaming profiles for all
users and provides authentification (logon scripts, policy file, ...)

Now, we are planning to add a Windows _98_ workstation.

Q1: Will Win95 and Win98 be able to work with the same user profiles,
policy file etc?
If not, what can I do?

Q2: In general, are there any problems using samba with Win98
(compared to Win95 which works fine)?

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Andreas

Andreas K. Huettel          Andreas.Huettel at Extern.LRZ-Muenchen.DE
81627 Muenchen              huettel at qubit.org
Germany                     http://www.lrz.de/~huettel/

News Release January 4, 1999

Redmond, Washington

Bill Gates, Chairman and CEO of Microsoft Corporation, announced
today that the latest version of their Windows operating system,
Windows 2000, would be delayed until the second quarter of 1901. No
reason was given.

;-)