Copied files filled with zeros

Paul Allen paul.allen at redwood.rt.cs.boeing.com
Fri Mar 26 23:09:00 GMT 1999

I posted about a problem last week and haven't seen anything.
Perhaps if I re-state?

The problem is that a Word document gets filled with zeros when
it is dragged from an NT4 machine onto one of my Samba shares.
The NT machine is running Windows Terminal Server with the Citrix
and NCD stuff that allows the desktop to be displayed on an X
server.  My Samba servers are Suns running Solaris 2.5 or 2.6
with Samba 2.0.0.  Here's the config from my earlier posting:

> [global]
>   browseable = yes
>   guest account = nobody
>   default service = homes
>   nis homedir = True
>   homedir map = auto_home
>   name resolve order = host lmhosts bcast wins
>   workgroup = iss-tech
>   server string = Samba Server
>   auto services = homes
>   lm announce = true
>   lm interval = 60
>   remote  announce = 130.42.151
>    security = domain
>    password server = iss-tech-f
>   encrypt passwords = yes
>    socket options = TCP_NODELAY
>    local master = no
>    wins server = 130.121.5.43
>    dns proxy = no
>    username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/map
> [export]
>    path = /export
>    browseable = yes
>    writeable = yes
> [homes]
>    path = %p
>    browseable = no
>    writable = yes
>    invalid users = root

Has anybody seen this sort of symptom with Samba?  It seems unlikely
to be a bug in NT, since even Microsoft users can't tolerate somthing
this bad.  Ideas, anyone?

Thanks!

Paul Allen
--
Paul L. Allen           | voice: (425) 865-3297  fax: (425) 865-2964
Unix Technical Support  | paul.l.allen at boeing.com
Boeing AR&T Site Operations, POB 3707 M/S 7L-68, Seattle, WA 98124-2207
---
Kick, kick, double-pole, glide, breathe, repeat ...  Air is crisp, sun
warm under the blue sky-dome.  Friends move nearby over fresh powder
through silent woods.  Awareness is here, now.  Work is a distant echo.