HP LJ6 prints blank page at end of W95 print job

Paul Sherwin psherwin at telinco.co.uk
Fri Mar 26 15:27:34 GMT 1999

I'm trying to use an HP LJ6 as a network printer on a Samba server (linux).
Everything works fine except... whenever a W95 print job finishes, the
printer throws a blank page. I've tried everything short of hex dumping the
output - I've tried using a minimal printcap entry with no filtering, I've
tried using apsfilter... The really odd thing is the binary data itself
can't be being mangled since it prints correctly. If I move the same
printer to a W95 system and print on it using the same settings and W95
drivers, I don't get the page throw. If I print the apsfilter test bitmap
of a tiger, I don't get the page throw.

I don't seem to get the same problem using an old HP DJ540.

As HP LJ6s are so common, lots of other people _must_ have experienced this
problem - come on folks, how did you fix it?

I'd be grateful if you could copy any suggestions to me directly, in case I
miss them in the list.

Best regards, Paul

Paul Sherwin Consulting    22 Monmouth Road, Oxford OX1 4TD, UK
Phone +44 (0)1865 721438   http://www.telinco.co.uk/psherwin/index.htm
Fax   +44 (0)1865 434331   mailto:psherwin at telinco.co.uk
Pager +44 (0)7666 797228