"admin users" in printer shares...

Jorge Gonzalez Villalonga jorgegv at icai.upco.es
Fri Mar 26 10:22:34 GMT 1999

Hi guys,

I have noticed that when I specify  an "admin users" clause in a printer
share, all print jobs get spooled as root, and not as the user which
sent the job. Since administrative options are related to
pausing/deleting jobs from the queue and not spooling them, I think it
would be very nice that, even when a user has admin privilege over a
printer share, the job appeared as being sent by that user and not root.
All other maintenance could be done as root, as usual.

I don't think this could be very difficult to implement, it's simply a
matter of becoming the connected user, then spooling the job, in order
to show up as the user in the lpq list.

I don't know if this can be already done; if it is I'd be very grateful
if anyone could tell me what option to use. If not, I think I'll try and
make a patch.

Cheers
Jorge

P.S.: I have just enabled and I'm trying "security = domain" with a
great, great success. All conections go _really_ faster now, despite the
fact that users are asked _ONCE_ for the password, and no more. Keep up
the good work.

--
Jorge Gonzalez  <jorgegv at icai.upco.es>       -o)
ICAI - Universidad Pontificia Comillas       /\\