Amanda and Samba 2.0.3

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Thu Mar 25 18:17:46 GMT 1999

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> > Is the BSDI really a "trapdoor" OS.
>
> I don't know what this ``trapdoor'' thing means.

If I remember correctly, the trapdoor problem is that some OS's will allow
a root process to change it's effect id to a user, but then cannot change
back.  Don't know enough to answer your specific question.  Sorry

Hope this helps,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )