samba-announce?

Inge-Haavard Hunstad inge at cc.uit.no
Thu Mar 25 10:09:23 GMT 1999

Dan Stromberg wrote:

> "Florian G. Pflug" wrote:
> > I solved the problem with "too many mailinglists" by using procmail. Now my
> > mail is sorted into the right folders automatically
> >
> >                                        Greetings, Florian Pflug
>
> I know how to do this, but I don't regard it as an effective substitute
> for an announcements list.

There is a anouncment list it is called "samba-announce at samba.org". But
the problem that I see with this list it that there is too few whos
using it. I have seen that Jerry have announced that Samba ver 2.0.1 and
2.0.3 were released, but not 2.0.0 and 2.0.2. I don't want blame anyone
in the samba team because they are doing a great job putting samba
together. Thanks! But I can understand that between 20 an 50 mail pr.
day is a little to mutch. So if the announcment list could be effective
so that major changes and security holes were announced there it could
be a very good substitute to the main samba list.

Keep up the good work:)

Inge