Problems with Visual Basic Projects on Homes with oplocks = on

Tomek Jarosinski tomek at is.fh-hamburg.de
Thu Mar 25 08:26:03 GMT 1999

Hello,
I have some problems with compiling Visual Basic 5.0 Projects, NT 4.0sp4
on Samba Home shares. I use Sun E450, Sol 2.5.1 and samba 2.0.3 with 60
NT 4.0 sp4.
This is part of my smb.conf:

# Samba config file created using SWAT
  # Date: 1999/03/25 09:06:23

  # Global parameters
          workgroup = WIWI
          security = SHARE
          log level = 2
          log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
          max log size = 50
          time server = Yes
          socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
          load printers = No
          domain logons = Yes
          os level = 65
          preferred master = Yes
          domain master = Yes
          wins proxy = Yes
          wins support = Yes
          dos filetimes = Yes
          dos filetime resolution = Yes
          fake directory create times = Yes

  [homes]
          comment = Home directories
          read only = No
          create mask = 0750
          browseable = No
          oplocks = No

I have some other shares, but i have problems on the [homes]. Office97,
SPSS, Delphi, Visual C++, Simprocess and some other applications have no
problems. In the last time we installed Visual Basic and with oplocks =
ON on Homes it was not possible to save and compile Visual Basic
Projects&Programs on the Samba Home Shares. Any Ideas ?

We had similar problem before with Delphi, but since Samba 2.0 Delphi is
working fine.

--
Have a nice day !
Tomek Jarosinski