Mounting Novell Volumes

Mark Easter mark.easter at lineone.net
Wed Mar 24 20:49:12 GMT 1999

I am Successfully running Samba under Linux as my server on my Home network.

I will shortly be in a position to upgrade our Work network to Samba/Linux from Novell 4.1, however I have a small problem, I want in the short term to keep the Novell system useable as a fall back position, my plan is as follows :-

	The server is a Pentium2 PC with a SCSI HDD, I intend to fit another HDD into the machine onto which I will pre-install the Linux/Samba system, I then want to mount the Novell Volume under Linux and run in this configuration until the management are happy with the Samba/Linux system (Shouldn't take too long !!)

My question is this then, Can I mount a Novell file system under Linux, and if possible, will Samba happily export the Novell Volume. Does anyone else have experience of a similar configuration.

Regards

Mark.Easter at Lineone.net