About Samba passwords

Fernando Artigas artigas at cbm.uo.edu.cu
Wed Mar 24 19:13:58 GMT 1999

Hi,

I comment in smb.conf the lines:

#unix password sync = Yes
#passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
#passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n

and SAMBA change the smb password successfully. But I need keep my passwords
syncronized. Following the idea of Matt I set the debug level = 100 and passwd
chat debug = true. Surprise!, the workstation can't find the domain controler.

I change several times the chat secuence, using " ", *, the complete string,
etc. but I can't change the password. I repeat, if I turn off the passwd sync
all are ok.

Please,
  help me

El Wed, 24 Mar 1999, escribiste: