samba-announce?

Chad Price cprice at molbio.unmc.edu
Wed Mar 24 19:58:57 GMT 1999

At 03:53 AM 3/25/1999 +1100, Florian G. Pflug wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 24, 1999 at 10:07:37AM +1100, Dan Stromberg wrote:
>>
>> Is there an announcements mailing list for samba?  If not, could one
>> please be created?

There is also an announcements list.  Look on www.samba.org for the
subscription stuff.

>> I want to know when new releases are made, and when security holes are
>> found, maybe even infrequent benchmark results, but unfortunately I
>> don't have time to keep up with this list.  My mailbox has been
>> overflowing on a weekly basis, and it's got to stop, so I really need to
>> decrease the volume coming from the lists I'm on somehow.
>Hi
>
>I solved the problem with "too many mailinglists" by using procmail. Now my
>mail is sorted into the right folders automatically

Altrernative solution:  use an email client with filters such as Eudora.
There are X-based clients which do the same thing: filter the email
messages into separate mailboxes based on origin, subject, etc.  Ignore the
mailboxes with non-critical email until you have time to look at them.

Chad

Chad Price
Systems Manager
University of Nebraska Medical Center