Amanda and Samba 2.0.3

Daniel daniel at lynx.net
Wed Mar 24 19:30:22 GMT 1999

Hi Folks,

I want to use samba and amanda to backup NT/win file system. I downloaded
the latest version of Samba and trying to install on bsdi4.0 and it
complains that the OS is a "trapdoor" OS and will not work propperly. I
installed it anyway and I can connect to NT no problem but when I connect
it back to the unix box, it complains about "Bad password - name/password
in a Tree connect" I believe this is something to do with the "trapdoor"
issue. However, older version works just fine. Is there anyway to fix it?
Is the BSDI really a "trapdoor" OS.

Thanks

Daniel