Visual Studio C++ problems

Dan Mandell dmandell at saintmarys.edu
Mon Mar 22 23:10:35 GMT 1999

Since upgrading samba to version 2.0.3, we're now unable to create new Visual
C++ files, projects and build executables in network home directories. No
other problems are reported!

When creating a new Project an error message occurs: "The specified
filename is invalid", except C++ goes ahead and creates the directory. It
does create the necessary directory, but never seems to find the correct
workspace file, and never can seem to create the required "make" file. It
throws up a similar error message when attempting to create a source file
in personal directories but you can work around this.

Our system manager tried an earlier suggestion global configuration change:
"dos filetime resolution" which seemed to help with earlier samba Visual
Studio problems. This seems an invalid entry in 2.0.3.

Our clients are Windows95 clients. Our server runs under Solaris.
So what to try next.  Has anyone been successful in using Visual Studio to
create
C++ projects in personal directories, using samba 2.0.3?

Dan

Dan Mandell, Information Technology
Saint Mary's College, Notre Dame, IN 46556
Phone: (219) 284-5321