aix permission horrors!

Chris Moylan crm0922 at rocketmail.com
Mon Mar 22 14:33:25 GMT 1999

I have installed samba 2.0.0 on our AIX 4.1 machine.  It appears to be
working fine in domain security mode.  Except for one thing: No matter
what the read permissions in Unix are, ANY user can read EVERY file in
a share.  Write permission is working properly.  What the heck is
going on here?  I have the Unix permssions set to a-rwx (000) and it
STILL lets everyone read all the files in the directory.  It doesn't
seem to matter who I log into the domain as, if they are a valid
username under AIX, it lets them into the share, and then lets them
read all the files.  The permissions also work fine from within the
Unix environment (no surprise.)  So samba is using its root-ness to
allow the files to be delivered to any user.  Please let me know what
I can do or try, this is really scary...

Chris

===
Christopher Moylan                    pg: (508) 722-0569
Systems Administrator/MIS             ph: (978) 458-3200
County Supply, Inc.                   ph: (800) 649-4409 (MA only)
1035 Westford St.                     fax:(978) 452-7503
Lowell MA 01851
"...the rarest of human qualities is consistency." --Jeremy Bentham