bug/feature NT Explorer and Samba-2.0.3 ?

Colin Slade colin.slade at linopress.com
Mon Mar 22 12:00:31 GMT 1999

Hi there

We  have Samba 2.0.3 running under solaris 2.5.1. Security is domain, NT
domain users are mapped to unix users, we have a homes section in the
smb.conf, and the home directories are mounted by the NT Clients on
startup.  I can crash explorer by carrying out the following sequence.
In explorere, right click on the drive , select the security tab, click
on permissions and hey presto ... explorer crashes.

I can't see anything interesting in the samba log files. Anybody know
why this might be happening?

Regards.
--
Colin

Colin Slade
Server Competence Center              http://www.linopress.com
Linopress Publishing Systems GmbH     phone +49(0)6196/5042-196
Frankfurter Strasse 21-25             fax +49(0)6196/5042-444
D-65670 Eschborn                      e-mail colin.slade at linopress.com