samba-2.0

Ray Curtis ray at ray.clark.net
Mon Mar 22 03:44:16 GMT 1999

I hope this is the correct list to ask this question, but I have a
redhat 5.2 system I am running samba on, that has always worked before
until I upgraded to this version.

Anyway from my win95 machines I am now getting the error:

Mar 21 14:34:09 ray PAM_pwdb[28118]: 1 authentication failure; (uid=0) -> ray for samba service

I have been trying to fix this all day with no success and can't find
any better error message to show.

Nothing else has changed on the samba server, so the user 'ray is
valid with the correct passwd.

I have looked through the FAQ and all I see with authenication
failures are related to NT boxes, I hope this is not a known problem
I have just missed.

Thanks for any pointers or info please,

--
mailto:ray at ray.clark.net                        http://www.clark.net/pub/ray