Need Win32 Samba client

Miles Whitener whitener_m at ociweb.com
Mon Mar 22 02:58:37 GMT 1999

Samba or native Win32 file sharing (SMB/CIFS) are equally useless to Win32
clients that have to go over a sockets proxy.  SMB/CIFS is completely
unusable in this case, which makes it less usable than ftp!  So ANY client
that works via a sockets proxy would be better than nothing.  To reiterate,
you cannot access SMB/CIFS shares via a sockets proxy from Windows.  This is
ridiculous and should be fixed by MS in Windows.  But at least a separate
ftp-like program would allow Windows clients to see SMB shares through a
sockets proxy server.