mksmbpasswd - permissions

achim kohler akeemjabba at gmx.de
Mon Mar 22 02:04:51 GMT 1999

Hallo,

i installed samba V2.0.3 on a linux server in a company. for better
security i will use encypted passwords. for synchronisation of the unix password
file and the samba password file i tried out the script mksmbpasswd script.
my security settings at the server are easy and i set the permissions of the
unix passwd file at 774 and also my smbpasswd file at 744. starting the
script with the command:
cat /etc/passwd | mksmbpasswd.sh >/usr/local/samba/private
the only message i get is: "permission denied" . at the encryption text
file is nothing mentioned about this problem and no advice given. it should
work, but it doesn't!
can somebody please help me with this problem.

Achim Kohler

---
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net