password problems

Dallas Anne Smith sallad at email.unc.edu
Sun Mar 21 22:34:31 GMT 1999

Okay, be patient with me, I'm still new to Linux but I tried installing
Samba and am able to reach other computers on my network from linux, but
from my other computer using win98 I can see my linux computer under
network neighborhood, but when i try and access it, it asks me for a
password and i can't figure out what password it wants.  I tried using
root's, my regular user password, and even tried leaving it blank but
nothing works.  Also, is there a way to change the name of the computer,
right now it's only showing up at the IP address.  Thanks, Dallas.