Printer Problems.

Dan Diephouse dragon.s at ix.netcom.com
Fri Mar 19 20:53:33 GMT 1999

First of all I would like to thank all the developers and testers for
such a great piece of software.  It has simplified my life and made
things much better :)

But now to my slight problem.  I set up a FreeBSD 3.1-stable box to run
samba on.  I connected a HP 890C Printer to it and shared it through
samba.  When I print from windows 95 computers it prints the first  and
second page fine, but when it gets to the third page it just stops and
things go bezerk.  It will start printing wierd characters afterwards.
Thanks for any help in advance.  If there is anything else I didn't
think to include just ask.

Dan Diephouse

My printcap entry is:

HP:\
        :rw:sh:\
        :lp=/dev/lpt0:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/raw:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs

my smb.conf is:
# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from joy.ymi.org (192.168.1.3)
# Date: 1999/03/17 14:21:05
# Global parameters
        workgroup = YMI
        netbios name = ANGEL
        interfaces = 192.168.1.1/24 192.168.2.1/24
        security = SHARE
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        null passwords = Yes
        log file = /var/log/smb.log