Samba Problems!

Stephen L Arnold sarnold at coyote.rain.org
Fri Mar 19 03:52:28 GMT 1999

On 19 Mar 99, Iztok Polanic had questions about Samba Problems!:

> I have couple of questions regading samba.
>
> 1. I have just installed samba on my computer. It works great and I can
> mount all Windows computers, except NT. When I try "smbmount
> //192.168.1.4/C /mnt/test" I get this error:
>
> Password:
> smb_get_length: Invalid NBT packet
> smb_dont_catch_keepalive: server->data_ready == NULL
> smb_dont_catch_keepalive: server->data_ready == NULL
> mount error: Invalid argument
> Please look at smbmount's manual page for possible reasons

Did you try smbclient?  If so, can you get in?  I can't Net View
our NT4 machine, but I can get in with smbclient.  I'll try
smbmount tomorrow.

Steve

Steve Arnold                            sarnold at earthling.net
                                 http://www.rain.org/~sarnold
This message composed of 100% recycled electrons.  You should
also recycle yourself.  Become an organ donor (8-)@