Probelms with NIS+, Samba-2.0.3 and Solaris 2.6/7

Sree Mokkapati sree at EC.Rockwell.COM
Wed Mar 17 15:50:50 GMT 1999

Did anyone get Samba-2.0.3 compiled with  NISPLUS, NISPLUS-WITH-HOME and Automount
on a Solaris machine? I keep getting errors in "source/passdb/nispass.c". Finally,
when I replaced "nispass.c" from samba-2.0.3 with "nispass.c" of samba-2.0.2 [ the
"diff" between the two showed what appeared to be 3 lines of harmless code ], I was
able to compile with a few warnings [ in "nispass.c" ].

But when I try to connect to the samba server [mapping a drive] I get the message
"Incorrect Password" and on the server I see a message that says "smbd[9867]:
load_modules can not open module /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1". Also "swat"
fails with an "Alarm clock" error.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Sree.