No Logon server for Win '95 machines w/ user level security

Woods, Chris Chris-Woods at forum-financial.com
Wed Mar 17 14:36:03 GMT 1999

Is there any way that I can setup my linux RH 5.1, Samba 2.0.3 server to
allow me to use user level security on shares?  Right now whenever I try to
set the share permissions I get an error that says "No Logon Server Found".

I think this is the same reason why I can't the nexus tools to allow me to
run user manager, server manager etc.

I have Domain Logons = Yes configured in my smb.conf.  Everything from a win
'95 machine to samba shares works fine, but when I try to browse shares on a
win '95 machine FROM a win '95 machine I get that same error.

Little help?  ;)

THANKS!