SAMBA digest 2023

Nelson, John P. NelsonJP at genrad.com
Tue Mar 16 17:39:44 GMT 1999

It's possible, but nontrivial.

You can load the "Microsoft Network Client 3.0 for MSDOS" software, a free
download from ftp.microsoft.com (look in /bussys/Clients/MSCLIENT).  You
need to load the full redirector because you need TCP/IP support to access a
Samba server.  Oh, I'm not sure if it does encrypted passwords, either:  it
may only support plaintext passwords.

This can take some work to configure properly, and all those network modules
take a lot of DOS memory (try to start with as much UMB memory as you can),
but it works.

I can't really help you further, it's been at least three years since I've
used a standalone DOS PC.