smbprint and Solaris 2.6

Craig Weatherhead cweather at fastenal.com
Tue Mar 16 15:22:30 GMT 1999

Hello,

 I have a Solaris 2.6 machine, and I would like to be able to print to
all of the HP Laser printers that are on my network. These printers are
controlled by an NT print server.
 I know how to set up a printer within Linux to print to these printers
but I'm kind of confused as to how to set this up on my Solaris 2.6
machine. I don't want to have to load Jet Direct software on my Solaris
machine, when I know that Samba is quite capable of doing what I need.
The problem is that I'm somewhat new to Solaris 2.6 administration.

Craig Weatherhead
cweather at fastenal.com