Samba 2.0.x review published at PC Week.

Ben Kosse BKosse at thecreek.com
Tue Mar 16 01:45:43 GMT 1999

I don't get it. They give it a con because of:
"Tricky to configure; expensive maintenance."

But in the article:
"Although Samba is free, SGI charges $1,500 for a maintenance contract that
ensures enterprise-level support for any SGI-Samba installation. *This is a
low price when compared with NetWare and NT,*" (Emph mine).

What gives?

http://www.zdnet.com/products/stories/reviews/0,4161,394079,00.html

Cheers,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.

PS. Full disclaimer here, the review is of Samba on a
SGI Origin 200, and I work for SGI.