Error writing file: code 0???

Vsevolod Ilyushchenko simonf at interna.ru
Mon Mar 15 13:43:58 GMT 1999

Hello,

I am running Samba 2.0.2 on a PC with Linux (kernel 2.2.3). I found out
that I cannot put large (several Meg) files on NT 4.0 machines via
smbclient. After transferring some part of the file there appears an
error "Error writing file: code 0". This happens at random point,
sometimes not at all.

Judging by the sources of smbclient.c, this message is printed during
writing data to a remote machine, when the requested data block length
is not equal to the actual number of bytes written.

I am not familiar with the SMB protocol, but if somebody can give me
some hints, I could try to analyze network traffic and see what's
happening.

Sorry if it's a well-known issue, but I could not find anything in Samba
archives or on Dejanews.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Simon
--
 _________
|       x |   Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko) 		simonf at interna.ru
| y = e   |   		 		 http://www.internasoft.com/simon
|_________|   Life is file...  		 		     ICQ 14235453

Disclaimer: This is not me.
This is just my mailer talking to your mailer...